This Lead Business Analyst, Sales Systems is a seasoned professional who manages all aspects of business analysis from project inception through to delivery and support.
Your primary goal will be to become an authority on all business and system processes for the Distribution Business Development, Integrated Marketing, Marketing Partners Solution, and US and Latin America Ad Sales business areas. You are responsible for supporting the existing applications and handling all phases of application development, including project management, analysis, creation and management of business process design and functional requirements, functional testing, user acceptance testing, and customer rollout for the Sales System application portfolio. This person will be a central liaison between the internal IT department, development and QA teams, 3rd party vendors, and business stakeholders operating within the portfolio.
You will conduct analysis and other activity to ensure that the solutions provided align with and fully support the goals of Viacom. This position requires a high level of analysis, relationship management, independence and multi-tasking. Work with business groups to understand their support needs and ensure that they are well-supported.
- Analysis of requirements and issues, keeping abreast of business initiatives and address potential impacts to systems/operations
- Handles and resolves problems for production support and projects by overseeing all issue resolution progress and tracking project achievements. Works to resolve issues and escalates when required to management so that decisions can be made promptly
- Leads all rollout activities that are critical for support and making projects successful – UAT, business training, documentation, user hand holding, etc.
- Leads requirements gathering sessions to understand and document complex business needs, often eliciting hidden requirements and/or clarifying vague or unclear requirements. Ensures proper documentation, including use cases, and works with the development leads on their functional specifications ensuring customers / stakeholders approve the documentation
- Creates workflow diagrams to document current and future business environment
- Reviews test cases, plans testing cycles, and coordinates all testing activities for all project sizes with the QA Manager
- Develops project plans and handles risk and change management processes Provide timely status on all activities for team, managing scope of work
- Communicates in written, oral and presentation formats to best represent and express user and organizational requirements to audiences up to senior management of IT and the customer
- Collaborates with senior level users to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems or improve existing processes
- Manages conflicting needs and can influence / negotiate across the organization and different stakeholders to drive consensus, including commitments to deliverables
- Effectively and dedicatedly clarifies, sets, and manages expectations including delivering tough messages. Delivers balanced and constructive feedback to client and team members throughout the duration of the project including effectively resolving conflict
- Builds productive networks within IT, internal customers and the vendor community
- Handles vendors work including chasing deliverables and negotiating to achieve Viacom’s expectations
- Identifies and resolves obstacles and risks encountered during the project or program and develops mitigation strategies to address them
- Provides ongoing support to the business by responding to inquiries and system issues, ensuring prompt resolution with minimal impact to business operations. The support requires full analysis of the issues and understanding of the business requirements and process