Counsel clients across all Viacom channels (BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, et al) regarding legal issues relating to multi-platform programming, including intellectual property, defamation, privacy, right of publicity, and handle related claims. This position will report to the SVP, Business and Legal Affairs.
- Advise production and legal clients on a wide range of issues in the broadcast and digital realms, including copyright, fair use, trademarks, libel, defamation, privacy and right of publicity
- Review scripts, casting materials, programming and other related materials to identify legal issues
- Investigate and respond to related claims
- Clearly and succinctly articulate legal advice both verbally and in writing
- Manage a wide variety of issues and legal matters efficiently