The Manger, Contracts is a key role within the Global Location Based Experiences (‘LBE’) and International Consumer Products (‘CP’) legal team that is responsible for ensuring fast, efficient and consistent turnaround times for all deals across all territories worldwide whilst providing the business with a high level of professional service at all times.
- Autonomously managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex cross-jurisdictional contracts for LBE (hotels, theme parks, live shows/ events) and CP (toy, publishing, merchandise, content, digital and promotions);
- Maintaining relationships internally and externally (i.e. agents and licensees);
- Liaising with intellectual property team regarding IP infringement matters and supporting Senior Counsel with day to day IP protection matters;
- Liaising with global CP franchise planning team to facilitate implementation of various strategic initiatives;
- Preparing reports, performing research, and assisting with counterfeit sightings, debt collection and litigation matters as required;
- Acting as lead CP BALA contact for all international bankruptcy matters and regularly reporting on same to Senior Counsel, CP BALA and Senior Counsel, Viacom Corporate.
- Maintaining templates and suggesting updates; and creating new templates, as requested.
- Assisting Senior Counsel and/or VP of BALA on special projects as/when instructed; and assisting other Junior Contracts Managers and Senior Contracts Managers as required.
- Supervising work of the Junior Contract Manager and Intern from time to time;