The Product Owner reports to the Director, Corporate Systems within the Media and Technology Services group. The position is responsible for converting detailed business requirements into technical implementation requirements for software development teams and delivering on these projects. You will have expertise in custom application development using Visual Studio, .NET, JQuery, JSON, REST APIs, Web Services as well as experience in Workflow based application development using Business Process Management tools, preferably using the PNMSoft BPM Suite for customers within various business units within the company. You will also evaluate, manage, configure, customize and implement Commercial off-the-shelf tools (COTS) as per Viacom’s requirements. You will prepare detailed technical requirements based on the business requirements that can then be passed onto a development team. The Application Manager will take a lead role in the introduction of new technologies into the group and/or partner with groups to support projects for assigned business areas. You will work closely with onsite and offshore developer personnel as well as supervise vendor resources. In addition, this role involves the review and evaluation of work performed by developer groups, and monitoring the progress of development against internal Operational Level Agreements. Ideally significant technical knowledge and relationship management is in your DNA. The position will also be required to prepare functional, technical and end user documentation.
- Write software code that conforms to MTS standards for quality and conformity.
- Create software solutions within the parameters of the documented Software Development Process.
- Develop system design with functional and technical specifications to meet customer functionality, customization and integration requirements.
- Deliver software solutions (both vendor and in-house) within the parameters of MTS standards for change control.
- Ensure proper post-implementation support and performance to meet business needs.
- Managing and testing client data, including mapping data, coordinating test files, and facilitating data transfer with client.
- Able to identify and apply new technologies to client solutions and clearly present their benefits and intended outcomes to clients.
- Experience with Agile SCRUM methodology – Setting up Product backlog, User Stories, Sprints etc.
- Participate in build-or-buy analysis and Request for Proposal processes to identify the right business solutions
- Provide guidance and assistance to Business Analysts, Applications users and Support teams on all aspects of application architecture, governance, deployment, training and support, including:
- Capacity and Storage Planning
- Performance Monitoring
- LOB System Integrations
- Power\End user training
- First and second tier support and troubleshooting
- Manage projects from initial concept through final implementation.
- Manage application deployment, training and support projects for MTS so that they are:
- Implemented in line with the needs of the business and its current goals.
- Prioritized to deliver value to the business.
- Assist with development and continuous improvement of Project Management best practices.
- Identify and resolve project related issues, including issue tracking and escalation.
- Assist in identifying resource requirements, both internal and external, for development projects.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring of development resources with emphasis on technical skills evaluation.
- Assist with inputs for the evaluation of budgets for related projects
- Actively participate in applications planning/strategy meetings and provide input on the most appropriate and effective use of applications.
- Provide input to the planning process and plan the tactics for the implementation to meet established business goals; maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and ensure that appropriate technologies are applied and optimized within the functions handled.
- Implement the vision and goals for run software that ties with overall Company direction. Adapt to goals based on changes in strategy.
- May be responsible for or participate in maintaining effective vendor relations.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to handle projects and application portfolio. Assist in evaluation of client responsibilities, resource needs, deadlines, project scope, QA and UAT.
- Serve as an authority on technical issues and challenges involved with the applications used within an assigned portfolio of business units
- Dedicatedly provide updates to internal customers and management team on project status.
- Understand the internal workings, roles/responsibilities and workflow processes within the client organizations.
- Nurtures relationships at the mid-management level to maintain open communications (understanding client issues/risk and opportunities) and ensure Client Partner is aware of all potential issues that may affect the business.
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment with a solid ability to prioritize and accommodate change.
- Clear, consistent, regular communication with all project partners at all levels, including presentations to senior management.
- Handling diverse and potentially demanding business customers with a professional and courteous manner.
- You may be asked to act as backup to Business Analysts handling similar portfolios. For this, an understanding of workload, project priorities and status is necessary.
- Ability to manage on-site consultants and offshore resources.
- Able to successfully manage a portfolio of applications and clients independently.
- Form productive relationships with business owners by listening, clarifying, responding effectively, influencing and advising as appropriate on initiatives within the Global Corporate systems group