Counsel clients across all Viacom channels (BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, et al) regarding legal issues relating to multi-platform programming, including intellectual property, defamation, privacy, right of publicity, and handle related claims. This position will report to the SVP, Business and Legal Affairs and will be based in Hollywood, CA.
- Advise production and legal clients on a wide range of issues in the broadcast and digital realms, including copyright, fair use, trademarks, libel, defamation, privacy and right of publicity
- Review scripts, casting materials, programming and other related materials to identify legal issues
- Investigate and respond to related claims
- Clearly and succinctly articulate legal advice both verbally and in writing
- Manage a wide variety of issues and legal matters efficiently