The Director of Production will report to the VP, Production and assist in overseeing the Production team. Additionally, they will focus on the logistics and budgeting of Viacom Special Events and oversee of the production component of those events. Special Events include but are not limited to: small and large off-channel performances, up-fronts, networks’ holiday parties and executive meetings. The Special Events Department serves all Viacom networks: MTV, VH1, Comedy Central, CMT, Nickelodeon, Paramount Networks and TV Land.
- Budget creation, management and reconciliation for all events, which they are managing/producing
- Work effectively with creative, production and administrative teams while continuing to produce individual events
- Develop existing relationships and secure new relationships with local and national vendors in order to secure favorable rates and products
- Oversee a production staff, project-based freelance staff and crew, in order to ensure product is in line with the standards of Viacom
- Oversee tracking of deliverables during production including call sheets, schedules, travel itineraries, etc.
- Act as an internal resource for freelance or production personnel with regards to company policies and procedures
- Work closely with event team to develop budget, schedules, and staffing needs for each event
- Serve as an on-site manager, liaisons with vendors, crews, trouble shooter, logistics manager
- Interface with various internal departments to assist with production and logistics