The Marketing Manager at VidCon will provide primary day-to-day oversight of the marketing strategy and execution for VidCon’s tent-pole events in the US, AU and London as well as the positioning and growth of the brand overall. In this role, the Marketing Manager is the day-to-day contact for all of the Company’s marketing-related functions for the company and events including: strategic partnerships, creative, social media content creation and distribution, press/publicity strategy, ticketing-driven campaigns and digital marketing efforts.
This role works proactively and collaboratively to craft successful marketing campaigns that increase VidCon’s brand awareness amongst its key audiences, drives successful global expansion, tracks the effectiveness of marketing methods (e.g. ticket sales), reports relevant information after each campaign, and manages the owned, earned and paid marketing budget.
- Spearheads the marketing for each VidCon event (in partnership with the VP of Marketing and Social Media Manager)
- Develops marketing strategies and go-to-market plans (cross platform and cross functional) with a cohesive brand vision for the event(s) with the goal of maximizing reach, audience development and revenue potential via tickets sales. Oversees the execution of those strategies and plans.
- Manages outside agency partners and proactively communicates back to internal teams
- Writes briefs and manages deliverables requests, liaising across teams to ensure that the various aspects of the media plan are executed on schedule and with excellence
- Responsible for real time tracking of all marketing tactics, providing optimization recommendations to be made during the remainder of that campaign
- Manages email marketing efforts and content associated with those efforts
- Oversees PR agency and works in partnership with Viacom and/or partner press teams to generate earned media and buzz that map to the marketing goals
- Serves as liaison for social media team to ensure successful delivery of requested social media assets, to generally guide and track social media campaigns, and provide post-event reporting.
- Collaborates with the wider VidCon team to generate holistic campaign plans that maximize internal and external marketing vehicles and memorializes those plans in presentations/decks
- Works cooperatively with Marketing department and agency partners to craft thoughtful, comprehensive, and actionable post mortem reports for all campaigns
- Proactively monitors industry trends in an effort to generate forward thinking ideas that can optimize partnerships with brands, networks, creators/talent and beyond
- Oversees marketing budget