Oversee the creation and successful completion of promotional and short-form graphic design and animation projects for the Nickelodeon and Nick at Nite Brands. This includes but is not limited to On-Air, Off-Air, Digital, Social & Marketing requests.
- Act as liaison to On-Air Promos team and Graphics Department; Partner with Art & Animation Directors, Designers and Animators from project inception thru completion.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of design projects - ensuring deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Act as liaison to outside graphics companies – assuring they have all elements necessary for completion; providing most updated version of deliverables list; assuring creative notes are relayed; requesting final project files, etc.
- Coordinate graphics meetings for all assigned projects to include Art Director, Designer/Animator, Producer, Project Manager and Production Manager (outside company if applicable).
- Attend all project related brief/graphics meetings.
Maintain the deliverables list throughout the life of the project (along with the producer and designer/animator); update as needed.
- Maintain graphics schedules for all assigned projects – partnering with Project and Production Management to ensure all deadlines and goals are met.
- Coordinate and supervise day-to-day activities related to projects. Problem solve and determine that all materials/assets needed for successful completion of project are available.
- Manage the trafficking of all graphics materials (e.g. boards, roughs, logos etc.) through the proper channels and communicating feedback to the team.
- Confirm all appropriate approvals are received.
- Partner with Project Management to determine realistic graphic schedules, negotiate due dates when necessary and obtain assets if applicable.
Partner with Production Management to provide project estimates, handle all font & stock photo purchases/clearances and report any budgetary or legal concerns.
- Meet with Art Directors and Vice President to discuss current and upcoming projects and overall departmental strategy.
- Act as inter-departmental points-of-contact to NCR, Social/Digital, Marketing/Off-Air Events, etc. Provide and request assets as needed.
- Maintain existing Graphics process and archive system.
- Liaise with Broadcast and Tech Ops when technical issues arise.
- Provide NickCentral with assets when applicable.
- Troubleshoot and correct issues related to the ShowManager Site.
- Support Vice President of Graphics Operations and other
- Graphics Managers as needed – providing coverage, etc.
- Create and maintain daily agenda for all projects - communicating all updates to appropriate creative personnel.
- Communicate new standardized processes to respective teams – helping to unify Nickelodeon Group. Share best practices.
- Partner with Vice President of Graphics Ops to schedule and assign all designers and animators; set up new freelancers; maintain documents; various administrative tasks.
- Inform the On-Air Project Managers and Production Managers of any updates to the graphic deliverables list to ensure elements are delivered correctly on time and on budget.
- Serve as visible and motivating leader who champions the department’s standard operating procedures.
- Troubleshoot daily problems and keep Vice President of
- Graphics Operations, Art and Animation Directors apprised of such issues.
- Help forecast Graphics needs.