Viacom is looking for a team player with excellent communication and organization skills for a Corporate Social Responsibility Coordinator position dual reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Social Responsibility and the Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility and Community Investment. This coordinator will be responsible for a variety of project management, coordination and logistical planning to support the company’s internal and external CSR activities. The candidate should have excellent writing skills, great attention to detail and a strong interest in CSR, Cause Marketing and Social Impact.
Charitable Requests, In-kind giving & Activities
- Charitable database back-up support to the grants manager, submitting grants for processing and helping track charitable giving activities and budget
- Monitor solicitations via snail mail and email for company sponsorship and grant proposals
- Help track quarterly in-kind giving values from across the company for things like donated air time, auction items, event hosting fees, etc.
- Send quarterly PSA requests to on-air schedulers
Viacommunity Coordination and Support
- Assist in the planning and coordinating of all aspects of ongoing volunteer events, from seeking opportunities, promoting and planning events, and post-event blog writing
- Assist with logistics for all CSR events and biannual VCRC conference
- Coordinate with nonprofits around volunteerism efforts from Viacommunity Day, Viacom’s annual day of service, to our All Good, All Year employee engagement initiative
- Provide assistance around fulfilling corporate membership requests and tracking employee usage of benefits and discounts the company receives as part of our relationships with cultural institutions
- Offer general administrative support for the CSR team, supporting larger-picture programming efforts from cause marketing initiatives, Talent for Good, the Viacommunity Update, and CSR-related employee benefits like Viacom’s Employee Matching Gifts Program and Volunteer Time-off policy
- Help with coordination of company-sponsored industry and charitable events, i.e. sending invites, filling tables, fundraising lists, monitor RSVP lists, swag, auction items, event briefs, etc.