MTV is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Director of Social Media to develop and execute strategy for our brand across all social platforms. The ideal candidate will be actively engaged with the trends in digital media today and have a thorough understanding of existing and emerging social media platforms. The primary focus will be driving engagement and innovation, as well as increasing brand equity and scale through social media programs. This person will manage all MTV brand social media campaigns and serve as a strategic partner to the rest of the company for all channel priorities. The position works closely with Video, Editorial, Marketing and Product teams to grow community, drive engagement and integrate social media throughout the brand to support a highly interactive, participative experience. This person will be responsible for development and execution of multiplatform content using paid media and social tools to extend the MTV brand in the digital landscape. Candidate will have knowledge of advertising on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and others.
- Develop a unified and cohesive strategy and voice across all social efforts
- Lead cross-platform teams in the development of social media programs and strategies built on research, consumer insights and brand goals
- Lead a team of 10+ creatives and content producers against a cohesive brand voice and mission
- Develop ideas that take into effect the current trends in digital media and apply them to MTV properties
- Partner with website and new platform producers to understand and articulate the goals of their businesses and identify ways to meet them.
- Monitor and effectively leverage social media tools, trends, applications, as well as measure the success of engagement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with media influencers, platform partners and bloggers
- Manage multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Direct all social media marketing campaigns across multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.
- Develop paid and promotional social media strategy in conjunction with the broader Marketing team
- Develop strategy presentation decks for key programming projects
- Be attuned to emerging platforms and trends, and ways our brand can innovate with first-to-market campaigns