The Vice President, Talent and Development will take a lead role in recruiting and managing digital talent for original content for all Viacom Digital Services (VDS) platforms with a focus/expertise in pop-culture, lifestyle and music.
The VP, Talent and Development will be responsible for overseeing talent discovery (including scouting, research of new talent and influencers), talent booking and all talent relations. This position will work closely across VDS development teams to help identify creators to build specific content around. Additionally, this role will be responsible for the planning, logistics, and oversight of talent for events such as Vid Con, Beauty Con, Newfronts, and any other marketing or promotional initiatives that would require digital talent and/or outside celebrity talent.
The VP will be expected to have a working knowledge of, and strong relationships with talent and their agents, managers, publicists as well as record companies and other production entities. Experience working in digital media with social influencers is a must.
- Implement recruitment strategies and plans for digital talent and identify opportunities for VDS brands.
- Lead talent relations and booking initiatives across pop-culture, music and lifestyle verticals for programming, events, campaigns etc. and support senior management’s business goals and programming needs.
- Build relationships, communicate VDS brand “mission” and opportunities to both digital influencer community and the creative community to ensure that VDS is the go to studio for top tier creators.
- Provide on-site management and support for talent appearances.
- Interact with internal and external producers; work with production management and legal to execute “smart” production plans and deals on behalf of the company as it pertains to digital talent. Oversee payment process for influencers and creators.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Social, Marketing, Press and Research in VDS on various issues and serve as the first line of communication between talent, management and other departments across the company.
- Partner with internal development teams to brainstorm talent vehicles and opportunities
- Track pop culture, TV/You Tube, film, music, current events
- Manage coordinator/booker of talent and any other direct reports