Overview and Responsibilities
- Lead category revenues for Canada through development and implementation of a CP strategy + action plan in short, medium and long term for the Canadian market to reach objectives as defined
- Coach and develop formal direct reports of two with informal team leadership as a key member of leadership team
- Lead and manage the achievement of the sales and long-term revenue /profit objectives for the softlines, home and toys categories with oversight across all categories
- Financial ownership of category (revenue targets, financial reporting, providing total visibility to movements in accrued/anticipated actualization of revenue, working with collections team to ensure licensee financials are in good standing)
- Lead quarterly forecasting for assigned categories – ensure 100% forecasting submissions, analyze numbers and provide feedback on risks and opportunities. Pivot strategy after estimates as needed to leverage opporutnities and mitigate risks.
- Regular mid-quarter financial updates, yearly business reviews with key revenue generating stakeholders
- Further develop existing licensee relationships to ensure they are focused on Viacom properties, aligned to property and retail strategies and maximized within key areas of specialty, keep licensees well versed and updated on key property highlights and retail opportunities
- Sign new deals and develop new partnerships with licensees with strong category expertise, product development and retail relationships
- Provide product development direction and strategy by category in line with brand development and retail strategy
- Ensure licensees are delivering product that meets creative strategies and are executed flawlessly with attention to trend, styling, quality and product integrity while driving profitability for both licensee and retailers.
- Develop and maintain strong retailer relationships, attend regular retailer meetings to present properties and gain buy in on programs, strategize on and attend key buyer meetings with licensees
- Work closely with Marketing team to develop and implement marketing programs at retail to drive revenue and exposure across all categories
- Leverage best practices from other territories to execute within Canadian market, liase with international counterparts on global and international opportunities and strategy across all properites
- Be the category authority for Viacom Canada internally and at retail for the market
- Lead all communications to all internal stakeholders and licensees and develop follow-up/processes on all opportunities
- Provide sales tools to licensees (data, property information) to ensure they are equipped with most recent property and key account information.
- Analytics – work with Vice President, Category Managers and Marketing team to develop / improve tools that will ensure gap analysis in develop in a timely manner and communicate internally and externally. In addition, ensure US/ Canada index reports both POS and forecast is updated and shared in a timely manner with key stakeholders.’
- Manage Content (Media and Publishing) and Category Manager, Canada as a direct report. Work closely to nuture category/industry experience and exposure, share best practices, skill development and coaching for growth.
- Leadership experience
- Top negotiator
- Exceptional financial prowess
- Excellent oral communication and product development skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Team player
- Absolute comfort with key microsoft applications (powerpoint and excel in particular)
- Project management
- Ability to understand and work with supervisor developing portfolio strategy
- Ability to execute flawlessly
- Ability to liase effectively with multiple players and offices internally and externally
- Leadership experience
- Strategic Marketing & Sales background
- 10-15+ years’ relevant business experience and comfort level working in a small office environment
- Proven ability to work with multiple offices and parties
- Bachelor’s Degree in business preferred
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed