You will be responsible for leading the Project Delivery function for the Media Technology Services (MTS) project management team based in New York. The position supports a wider Global Project Delivery group and ensures alignment with strategic goals and business priorities for the global organization. The position acts as a key liaison point for MTS partners and teams and ensures cohesion with peers in the wider MTS organization. The position is also a focal point for effective project delivery services to MTS client groups and business partners. Good client relationships and high levels of client trust and satisfaction are key, as is the adherence to global delivery standards to ensure consistency and quality. You will ensure that the teams maintain project metrics to drive transparency in project and program tracking. You will work with the PMO to focus the team on delivery in lockstep with priorities from the Project Review Board and the Business Relationship Management function. Based on client’s needs, you will actively anticipate, shape and articulate client demand and communicate technology strategy, services and projects to direct reports, partners and MTS peers.
This position will provide a holistic view of the projects and services for Project Delivery teams and business units and their associated costs back to MTS and/or business partners. It will also formulate, implement, and facilitate effective communication plans, reduce duplication of effort, handle risk, and provide a consolidated view of all the projects within their respective area, while validating that the investments are hitting targeted return on investments.
Position is responsible for ensuring appropriate management, customer and vendor involvement throughout the life of the associated operations and projects. Position ought to be able to lead change and take active leadership in timely decision-making. In addition, identify issues enthusiastically, resolve raised conflicts, and work across the organization to execute the respective projects and operations.
You directly lead the US-based Project Delivery team and other roles as necessary.
- Ensure that various lines of business, departments and regions are satisfied with MTS project management. services, across the whole range of services provided.
- See opportunities where technology can aid business growth.
- Lead, contribute and/or participate in cross-brand projects and initiatives.
- Maintain relationships with Stakeholders, Business Operations (including brand portfolio leads) and Technical Management.
- Resolve conflict where needed.
- Coordinate participation of different technology and business groups in requirements gathering, specifications, design, development and deployment of key projects.
Business & Commercial Alignment:
- Bridge the ‘supply & demand’ sides of the organization, monitoring service levels and ensuring timely and high-quality service delivery.
- Represent MTS with the affected business units through budget oversight and investment planning activities and vice versa. This includes all relevant capital activities.
- Own program and project budgets and ensure these align to key business drivers.
- Assist the MTS PMO group with governance processes, defining and ensuring practices, policies, standards and process are followed effectively.
- Use appropriate approaches to facilitate cross-team delivery including waterfall and agile.
- Responsible for successful, timely delivery of projects and operational activities within the position’s area of focus.
- Work with SMEs and leadership to reveal and handle dependencies, condust roadmap grooming, find opportunities for efficiency and bring solutions to life.
- Establish a release management and/or scrum program that supports reliable delivery of appropriate MTS deliverables.
- Create and propagate processes for tracking delivery across multiple projects and services.
- Account for the accuracy of sizing and scope of individual projects or programs.
- Monitor projects in the portfolio including landmark schedules and resource commitments.
- Analyze and manage risk, including ensuring mitigation plans and corrective actions are established.
- Ensure change control and risk mitigation processes are established and overseen.
- Ensure all required data for making decisions is complete and available.
- Establish coaching program as necessary to support our Agile practice.
- Communicate project and operations information to executive management, directors, and other key personnel.
- Ensure that key project and operations status, issues, and activities (e.g., software releases, changes of procedure, etc.) are communicated frequently and thoroughly to appropriate MTS and business partners.
- Ensure high levels of communication across the PM teams to build a cross group governance model.
- Ensure project retrospectives are conducted, with results reported back to the project partners and key insights incorporated into future activities.
- Communicate results of ongoing assessments of team and organizational Scrum maturity, where appropriate.
- Assist in creating and communicating Business Plans, Business Cases and return on investment’s for new services and initiatives.
Staff Management and Development:
- Manage and/or guide staff and their effective utilization.
- Mentor staff and conduct/contribute to performance evaluations.
- Ensure staff are getting appropriate targeted training and overall career development.
- Review and approve staff, contract, and freelancer timesheets where appropriate.
- Ensure that all team members understand and accept their roles and responsibilities.
- Occasional travel and willingness to attend late night/early morning calls due to multiple time zones.