The Director of International Distribution & Trade Marketing is a new role designed to:
- Align support for all revenue driving departments under one structure to scale and coordinate strategies, resources, ideas and messaging
- Ensure strategies and creative being developed from VIMN HQ are created in consultation with, and then disseminated, across the brands, and clusters
On a day to day level, the Director of International Distribution & Trade Marketing will take over the planning and management of trade events (including sales markets), manage client focused events, oversee an international trade calendar, manage Viacom’s international B2B branding [and help manage the Paramount relationship for VIMN Velocity].
Client groups will include Viacom International Studios (VIS), Content Distribution, Velocity, LBE, and Corporate. The Role will dual report into VIS Marketing, and Viacom International Content Distribution Marketing.
- Trade Events: Plan and organize trade shows (booth, creative, messaging, executive attendance); create materials (including briefs for tapes), entertainment and client events.
- Media/Ad Buys: Drive key international trades and leverage relationships to get added value. Work closely with Communications team to strategize keynotes, panelists, etc. for key industry events.
- Client-focused Relationship Events: Drive Event / Workshop Strategy for partners - MVPDs, Velocity + Mobile partners, etc. Partner with local team to execute and organize event.
- Sales Materials and Sales Apps: Oversee the creation of all sales materials, brand decks, product and show sales sheets, sizzles, presentations, etc.
- Short form (Viacom Digital Studios International): Partner with Vice President to create a full short form sales proposition, including materials, positioning documents, internal communications.
- Paramount Studio Relationship: Partner with the Velocity Multimarket adsales team to help manage the Paramount International client relationship (from an adsales/sponsorship perspective)
- Bridge Trade Activities: Of two VIMN departments (Nickelodeon, and Content Distribution), which are part of the same overall marketing team; the role will also partner with the MTV and Comedy Central marketing teams to ensure their inclusion in all relevant decision making; the role will have the visibility to ensure alignment across the groups, and ensure communication and partnership across the company.