Viacom is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
The Global Networking team handles the global network & wireless Infrastructure for Viacom Media Networks. This team is looking for an Engineer with Networking expertise and experience leading, developing, and delivering Enterprise solutions. You should excited by the Networking space and both the engineering and operations involved.
Are you excited about media and entertainment and the changes that are happening in the space? If so, come be a part of that change and work on solving problems that will have a global impact.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Implement and run enterprise networking solutions with high reliability and availability
- Introduce new networking technologies or improve existing technologies to transform existing capabilities and services
- Provide networking domain expertise to other teams
- Maintain technical documents for solutions and standard operating procedures such that services are delivered in an efficient and effective manner
- Support of the Viacom global Network, IP and related security services issues, resolve complex system and network issues and outages when needed
- 3rd line support of all Viacom network infrastructure
- Act as technical project manager by preparing project plans, interacting with other departments and guiding IT resources as required
- Keep all documentation (including LAN/WAN drawings and equipment lists) accurate and current
- Industry watching, both direct or through a third party, to ensure the company is aware and educated on new technologies
- Participate actively in engineering and architecture solution peer reviews and solution design sessions
- Vendor and 3rd Party support and critical issues
- Works independently and exercises reasonable discernment with little supervision while providing clear documentation of activities and accomplishments
- Interacts closely with peers and management across all functional teams