Seeking a highly capable and energetic Retail Sales & Strategy Manager, responsible for supporting and carrying out strategic direction while working towards business goals set by the Sr. Director. The successful candidate will have a knack for managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, be a clear and swift communicator, and have a passion for building strong working relationships.
• Ensure retail strategy documents are updated regularly and disseminated in coordination with retail team feedback, LOB updates, and Franchise information.
• Maintain on-going competitive analysis.
• Project manage the approval process for Retail Strategy documents, and coordinate with other key teams to ensure a smooth execution of the Go-To-Market Plan.
• Maintain a “Retail Program Pitch” calendar, working with the Retail Sales Account Leads to keep a working knowledge of potential pitches & identify possible conflicts or challenges with exclusivities.
• Handle daily communications with Vendor and Retailer partners (Mid-tier), including coordinating sales calls/meetings, sharing sales updates internally, and fielding requests for information.
• Manage execution of store-wide and in-department merchandising programs designed to drive sell-in and sell-through at all designated accounts.
• Create and distribute updated vendor lists and sales/brand presentations to key stakeholders.
• Maintain frequent and consistent communication with internal Lines of Business/Licensing teams on their launch plans an initiatives and update Retail Strategy documents.
• Work with the Sr. Director to build elevated sales pitches & presentations that tell the story of Nickelodeon & Viacom Consumer Products and how our brands help retail partners meet their sales goals.
• Strengthen the sales data collected from retailers by coordinating with vendors, lines of business contacts and internal data systems teams to see higher data capture.
• Oversee the department Retail Marketing budget, including tracking invoices, updating the Retail Marketing team and other key stakeholders.
• Act as project manager handling in-store signage & collateral approvals and routing through designated process, including submitting creating briefs, working with Retailer Visual Merchandisers on project specifications, and routing for approvals.
• Work with Trade Marketing to execute larger events such as sales roadshow meetings and “Studio Swing” entertainment meetings.
• 3-5 years of experience in the Licensing, Retail or Consumer Goods Manufacturing industry with some knowledge of sales, kid’s media and/or marketing
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• Ability to travel approximately 20% of work time
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (other presentation software a plus)
• Very strong written and sales/presentation skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines by being incredibly detail-oriented and organized
• Knowledge of assigned markets and retail structure; existing relationships in the toy, apparel, packaged goods or retailer industry a plus
• Strong analytical skills, including budget management and retail sales analysis
• Confident, Collaborative, Creative Thinker and Risk Taker
• Sense of entrepreneurship and acts proactively