We’re looking for a dynamic, driven and creatively savvy Writer/Producer with a knowledge, passion, curiosity and love of Kid Culture. The Writer/Producer must possess the ability to create award-winning promotional content for Nickelodeon’s existing and emerging distribution platforms (including on-air, YouTube, and Social). In addition to strong conceptual thinking, the candidate must have excellent script writing, producing, and editing skills as well as extensive knowledge of all aspects of post-production.
- Conceive and develop strong creative ideas that are inclusive of our multi-platform objectives.
- Oversee projects from inspiration to final delivery, including conceptualizing, writing, and managing editorial, graphics production, music composition and sound design.
- Communicate concepts and ideas to Creative Directors, editors, designers, talent, etc, making sure all elements conform to the brand and the mission of the network.
- Work with Production Management to develop and manage budgets; work with Operations to book sessions; fulfill multiple delivery schedules; and work closely with multiple departments (broadcast, sales, marketing, affiliate marketing) to execute all promotional spots (on-air, off-air, marketing, radio, digital, streaming & social)
- Proficiency/ability to edit in Adobe Premiere
- Work closely with outside vendors (graphics designers, animators, music composers, etc.) when necessary.
- Run audio and video editing sessions.
- Seek out external production sources as appropriate.
- Mentor PAs and/ or APs who may be assigned to your project and organize and maintain paperwork, rundowns, log sheets, music cue sheets, etc.