The MTV & VH1 Insights & Strategy team exists to put consumer and culture understanding at the center of everything MTV and VH1 do. By staying on top of content trends, consulting syndicated research, and conducting ad hoc quantitative and qualitative research, our purpose is to craft guidelines that lead to more meaningful content and ultimate more time spent with our brands.
The VP Insights & Marketing Research provides strategic direction to advise senior leadership and various departments across creative marketing and brand strategy. This position will serve as a key resource for the SVP Strategy & Insights for MTV, VH1 & Logo, working on strategic recommendations backed with qualitative and quantitative research.
What you will do:
- Provide analyses that generate a clear understanding of our target audience, our brands’ perception and marketing opportunities.
- Support the marketing department with audience insights that lead to more effective creative.
- Design, coordinate and execute a variety of testing projects ranging from creative concepts to naming, logos and promotional materials.
- Work on content testing projects related to our digital businesses.
- Help establish KPIs and campaign tracking efforts.
- Oversee the execution of quantitative and qualitative research projects and communicate findings to appropriate audiences, including senior management.
- Consult the latest content and marketing trends through syndicated research resources.
- Collaborate with and lead external research vendors, and serve as overall lead on projects
- Provide cultural context to drive existing and new marketing ideas, assessing viability and recommending optimizations.
- Oversee and interpret brand tracking efforts to assess brand strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Travel may sometimes be required to conduct research across the U.S.