MTV Networks & MTV Studios seeks an experienced development executive to join the Original Programming team as Vice President, Scripted. The VP, Scripted will oversee scripted programming for MTV & MTV Studios. They will be based in Los Angeles and report to the SVP, Head of Scripted.
The Vice President, Scripted will play an important role in the continued growth of scripted programming at MTV Networks and MTV Studios. This position will have responsibility in all aspects of development and current programming.
- Oversee a slate of scripted series (including animation)
- Solicit appropriate programming and evaluate new submissions
- Oversee production of shows and travel when needed
- Create and maintain a database of producers, writers and directors
- Maintain strong relationships with the creative community – agents, writers, producers, buyers, animation houses and talent
- Develop MTV properties for sale in the marketplace
- Primary liaison between the scripted department and all other network departments including Marketing, Communications, Talent, Production, Digital, Programming and Business and Legal Affairs
- Develop scripted content to ensure there is a healthy pipeline of fresh and relevant programs
- Work closely with the SVP Head of Original Programming to ensure the vision of all MTV original programming is being realized through the development of quality scripted shows and series
- Attend relevant industry events in television and entertainment content and travel as needed
- Present scripted programming slate internally and pitch show concepts
- Work closely with other departments, such as Ad Sales, Marketing and Digital, to ensure all programming aligns with network revenue and marketing objectives
- Maintain constant awareness of industry trends and keeping up to date on all content related trends and information
- Work closely, collaboratively and professionally with colleagues to jointly meet company-wide goals