This is a rare opportunity work in Viacom’s innovation lab, where we showcase new technologies in areas such a Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Smart Home, Smart Speakers, Connected TVs, iOT, and robotics. You will be able to work hands-on with all of these devices, curating and crafting demonstrations, and giving presentations to Viacom staff and visitors. You should keep our lab organized and presentable to a diverse group of end users, and you should be comfortable doing everything from equipment set up and clean up to solving small user issues.
We are looking for people with strong presentation skills who love to roll up their sleeves to tinker with gadgets and make things work!
- Act as an ambassador to our lab demonstration areas, greeting visitors and guiding them through presentations of the various technologies being featured
- Insure that all technology and demonstrations in the room are in working order every single day
- Setup new equipment and fix typical operational issues (AV, network, etc…)
- Keep abreast of the latest devices coming on the market, recommending most interesting items for us to purchase for the lab
- Build demonstrations that illustrate the key features of new technologies that are relevant for the media and entertainment industry and for Viacom
- Work with brand teams across Viacom to curate demonstrations of the latest apps being developed for Connected TVs, Connected Speakers, mobile devices, and VR/AR headsets
- Work with Alexa skills and devices such as Harmony Hubs to create voice-triggered automation for controlling devices in the lab
- Create and demonstrate your own iOT and robotics projects enhanced by developers across Viacom as open source projects