The Program Manager - Web is a representative of Viacom’s Project Management Organization, acting as an advocate and coach of best practices for the Web Platform Portfolio. The Web Platform encompasses projects intended to deliver quality programming on desktop and mobile web. Teams are comprised of front-end architecture, feature development located both internationally and within the US, events, and the news group.
The ideal candidate is highly collaborative and team-oriented, partnering with other Program Managers, Scrum Masters, Product and Tech teams to promote collaboration and coordination amid competing priorities to ensure strategic and tactical product goals are delivered. They will plan, track, and manage processes and projects related to its products. In addition, the Program Manager must be able to facilitate meetings and agile team ceremonies.
The candidate must be well versed in Agile/Scrum and project management methodologies, and skilled in managing process and process changes. In collaboration with the leads of Product and Technology, she/he ensures the team’s methods for project delivery and roadmap planning are well documented, understood by team members, running smoothly and being adapted as needed. This role will drive change across the team: from ensuring leadership buy in, defining the changes, and tracking how they impact overall delivery over time. This role will also participate in discussions to raise and solve issues, report on the health of the program, and make recommendations on how to balance the business’s needs against its resources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ownership of larger-sized projects or programs with significant complexity, organizational reach, visibility/priority, and/or risk to the business.
- Lead projects that may extend into other parts of the Global Entertainment Group and MTS organization.
- Develop project plans to coordinate initiatives from inception to delivery across multiple technology teams including coordination of component integrations, core platform updates, and content platform migrations.
- Collaborate with other Program Managers, Scrum Managers, and Release Managers to maintain runbooks to onboard brand sites onto the web platform, ensuring all parties are engaged and aware of delivery/launch plans.
- Frequently interact with a diverse group of executives, project managers, technology, and business sponsors/stakeholders.
- Facilitate program-level meetings, processes, and overall execution; including cross-team Scrum-of-Scrums
- Proactively track and report on program initiatives, keeping abreast of continuous updates from Scrum MastersIdentify and manage risks and impediments that affect program scope, schedule, and quality, effectively communicate these to senior management, as well as devise contingency plans with recommendations on how to mitigate
- Manage interdependencies within and across programs to ensure milestone adherence and integrity of the delivery while promoting transparency, collaboration and problem solving
- In close collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, and various disciplines across the enterprise, facilitate the creation and maintenance of a program roadmap; ensure that it is communicated to stakeholders
- Act as liaison for the program to other department programs and executive management
- Assist in fine-tuning framework for cross-team communication, processes, and related governance
- Manage multiple initiatives/projects concurrently (as needed)
- Facilitate the production of high-level documentation around existing operational processes and proposed workflows within net new systems or optimized existing systems
- Participate in extensive cross-organization collaboration, e.g. Product Increment (PI) planning, playing a crucial role in interfacing with end users and business stakeholders
- Manage relationships and deliverables from associated vendors (when applicable)
- Ensure that the team is aware of and aligned to larger Viacom goals
Additional Program Management Responsibilities:
- Facilitate efforts in larger and more critical/complex programs and operational activities that involve integrating the work of multiple large teams
- Independently manage activities and resolve conflict within projects and associated teams with minimal influence from management; work effectively with all levels of management and employees
- Participate in knowledge sharing forums to encourage program and project delivery excellence
- Strong understanding of associated domain (related technologies, processes, etc.)
- Be an advocate for delivery excellence and challenge practices that impede quality
- Understand and follow the Viacom project management frameworks for project delivery.
- Facilitate all scrum rituals, and manage the Sprint and Release planning cycle.
- Coordinate participation of different tech and business groups in requirements gathering, specifications, design, development and implementation of key projects.
- Learn, understand, and actively use project management software to effectively manage project deliverables.