This position will be responsible for a wide range of legal matters for Paramount Television, relating to development, production and exploitation of television and digital entertainment programming, including drafting and negotiating contracts (such as program license agreements, above-the-line agreements and rights agreements), as well as advising on production matters and intellectual property issues.
- Draft and negotiate agreements for the development and production of Paramount Television properties
- Draft and negotiate rights, writer, director, producer, actor and other talent agreements
- Draft and negotiate agreements for production services, clearances, locations, vendors, actors and other production matters
- Provide legal advice to many departments (Creative, Business Affairs, Press, Casting, Production, Post Production, Finance)
- Advise regarding questions that arise under applicable union/guild collective bargaining agreements and standards and practices of television and digital exhibitors
- Handle complicated chain of title matters to ensure underlying rights are clear and conduct extensive rights research to determine motion picture content available for television/digital exploitation