The Senior Manager, Digital Operations and Production, Special Projects will be responsible for managing Comedy Central’s Digital footprint, inclusive of strategy and production, for tentpole events such as Clusterfest, Vidcon, The Roast and non-owned and operated events such as SXSW, SDCC, and more. Additionally, this role will support senior team’s efforts to expand Comedy Central’s digital impact to larger Viacom initiatives. This position serves as a contributing team member to executives who are figuring out strategic and creative directions for all digital initiatives. This role reports directly into the Executive Producer, Viacom Digital Studios: Comedy Central.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working collaboratively within a large, multi-layered organization. You will work closely with many support groups within the department and elsewhere in Comedy Central. The ability to maintain relationships and communicate effectively with constituents in Comedy Central’s Live Events, Brand Creative, Development, Video Production, Social and Marketing teams is essential.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as the day-to-day digital point for events and activations produced by Comedy Central, Viacom and outside festivals
- You will work with teams to create substantial, digital first content on-site and as lead-up marketing material to reflect Comedy Central’s presence and messaging
- You will partner with traditional marketing and content teams to ensure creative strategy and deliverables are aligned across multiple disciplines
- Partner with 3rd party agencies and companies to create resource and staffing plans, deliverables tracker, strategic briefs and decks
- You will create schedules, timelines and various documents to support the group and keep teams accountable
- You will lead production and brainstorm meetings, all-hands status meetings and more while identifying clear next steps and ensure team is clear on goals
- See projects through start to finish making ensuring deadlines are met and goals and strategies are adhered to
- You understand digital strategy, marketing, production and communicating and be able to lead and communicate decisions to the day-to-day teammates
- You will work with Executive Producer to create strategic and logistical recommendations to senior staff in order to meet set goals and expectations
- Work with Executive Producer to expand Comedy Central Digital’s offerings to Viacom and outside partners
- Serve as a cross-brand representative of Comedy Central Digital to Viacom corporate its networks
- Work with Social Responsibility Impact Strategy leads to integrate key Viacom initiatives into the digital space
- Work with team members and assigned manager to help improve process, workflow, documentation, and tools to ensure they are upheld and/or improved to department standards