The Counsel, Corporate Transactions will be an integral part of the Corporate Transactions team and will advise Viacom and its subsidiaries on (i) mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and equity investments, (ii) general commercial agreements, (iii) corporate governance and (iv) other corporate and financial matters.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating stock and asset purchase agreements, merger agreements, partnership/LLC/shareholder agreements, transition services agreements and other documentation in connection with mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and equity investments
- Working closely with the company’s business development team to coordinate and implement all aspects of mergers & acquisitions/joint venture/equity investment transactions, including preparation of preliminary proposals and letters of intent, engagement letters for external advisors, due diligence reviews, negotiation of transaction documents, and preparation for closing
- Performing legal research and advising on a broad range of business and legal affairs issues and best practices
- Coordinating closely with internal business development, tax, accounting, employee benefits, intellectual property and other specialist groups on transactional matters
- Managing outside legal advisors on transactional and related regulatory matters