As a key member of the Acquisitions team, the acquisitions manager will be responsible for managing the submissions process for all incoming content, partner management, working alongside the Director, Global Acquisitions, Finance, Content Management and the Legal department in order to help the smooth management and execution of all contracts, invoicing, deliverables, dubbing, titling and all other paperwork in an efficient and timely manner. The Manager will be the point of contact for the international programming team’s queries, managing how all of the information from central feeds through to them, regarding deals, deliverables and budget recharges. They will also work alongside the Director of Global Acquisitions managing all third party partners ensuring scheduling, ratings and marketing materials are shared as necessary.
Screening, reporting and cataloguing of materials:
- To catalogue, track, review and write screening reports for all incoming submissions. Following this to present appropriate submissions to Director and SVP, Global Acquisitions for review and eventual presenting to IPC group (International Programming Council). To right all rejections where appropriate and catalogue responses. To maintain timely turnaround of submissions and responses.
Manage contract and payment process:
- Partner with legal regarding contract drafting and execution, track and update on status. Process and manage invoices and payment, working closely with Finance in order to make sure payments are met. Filter relevant rights information to share with programming teams internationally. Manage, document and maintain a database of rights information, backend information, payments and contract status updates.
Manage Acquisition department process and inquiries:
- Be the point person for all inquiries regarding third party acquisitions; manage schedule information and feedback to commercial partnerships such as Mattel, Lego
- Manage information on all third party acquisitions with international programming teams, ensuring that all information is shared to support roll out and planning
- Offer support to SVP in creating presentations for IPC off sites, mipcom reports etc
- Manage and Maintain records for re-licences and supply information on a quarterly basis
- Invoicing, titling and Ian content page creation and ensure this is done correctly and in a timely manner
- Regularly survey the competitive landscape across all platforms to help inform decisions around future acquisitions
- Present findings to SVP, Director and IPC
Partnership Management responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors once deals are finalized. Hold regular meetings with partners to align priorities
- Provide Programming, Promotional and ratings information to partners to ensure a meaningful and successful partnership