Viacom’s Distribution and Business Development (DBD) group is responsible for all content distribution for Viacom’s U.S. portfolio of networks including Nickelodeon, MTV, VH1, Comedy Central, BET and Paramount Network. We work with traditional cable operators, new digital partners, and wireless distributors to bring Viacom programming to your TV, computer and mobile devices.
Join our incredible Strategy team! You will get the chance to work on the full range of Distribution deals with a focus on understanding the audience and competitive landscape. You will also be responsible for the strategic planning process for the group and thrive in the midst of change and disruption.
You will support the Strategy team’s efforts to develop recommendations for distribution opportunities for the company’s portfolio of networks and new services. You will lead the development and implementation of new products and business models that Viacom and/or its distribution partners can pursue to generate value. Develop and provide insights on key strategic questions facing the company and overall industry.
- Become an industry authority: conduct ongoing research, analysis (quantitative and qualitative) based on current developments in the cable, satellite, telco, digital distribution and media industries
- Track competitive landscape and understand trends in media products and technology, while updating senior leadership on key market developments
- Support overarching strategy projects by developing data-driven analyses and working cross functionally to collect information
- Assist with assessing new business opportunities, evaluating strategic fit, financial valuation and impact
- Assist in the development and implementation of new products (e.g. VR, AR, TV Everywhere, DAI, etc.), working closely with DBD’s partnership teams, Viacom’s brands and technology groups from inception to launch
- You will handle implementation of existing products in deals, especially with regard to content fulfillment to distribution partners
- Understand database fundamentals and translate needs in order to enhance current processes and procedures for greater operational efficiencies
- Create Executive-level presentations and analysis