VH1's Digital and Social department is looking for a Supervising Producer to join their team. The Supervising Producer will lead the Digital Video Content team and oversees development and production of original short-form series and formats, as well as content inspired by and in support of the network’s current programming and priorities.
The Supervising Producer manages and nurtures a team of editors and producers to create platform-appropriate video to help drive KPIs including: native social video views, YouTube subscriber growth and views, overall channel growth and brand value/relevance.
Development and production of original short-form content for YouTube, O&O and social channels which supports linear programming, as well as leading development of original digital series.
This person interacts and coordinates with the social media, linear development and current production teams to develop complementary concepts and formats that will pitch and catch between the linear network and our digital/social platforms. Specific responsibilities include:
- Help craft, update and distribute creative briefs to all relevant parties for each project. Review briefs to make sure all details are included in order to move forward with the project
- Have a deep background in live action and post production
- Have an expertise in production resources and facilities for all aspects of production
- Create production schedule for projects. This includes script development, shoot dates, edit, graphics and audio dates.
- Work with other departments to manage entire process, ensuring all schedules adhere to defined budget and timeline
- Know full status of all projects at all times. Regularly check in with all relevant parties to ensue any issues are flagged early
- Maintain master calendar for all initiatives; ensure that all programming/production initiatives and updates are considered
- Revise scripts/treatment/ideas of each project, identify issues and come up with solutions to same
- Regularly check in with department colleagues, producers, clients, etc. to identify issues, develop solutions and implement methods of improving workflow in order to ensure an efficient and positive work environment/positive morale
- Update and distribute a weekly calendar to Senior Management
- Work with Music and Media Licensing for clearance of audio and images