Nickelodeon is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books and feature films.
Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in more than 90 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 20 consecutive years.
We are searching for Legal Talent at the Senior Counsel and Vice President levels to join the Nickelodeon team in New York and California.
As a part of the Business & Legal Affairs Team for Nickelodeon, you will provide day-to-day business and legal affairs services for animation and live action programming as well as licensed programming, with a focus on original animation development and production and acquisitions. You'll be handling a heavy volume of development and production matters relating to both “in-house” and third party productions. The position reports to Senior Vice President, Nickelodeon.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Structure, draft and negotiate, with minimal supervision, a high volume of development and production agreements for animated and live action projects, including development agreements, production services agreements, executive producer agreements, writer agreements, director agreements, co-production agreements, license agreements and rights acquisition agreements.
- Structure, draft and negotiate, with minimal supervision, a high volume of license agreements for acquired programming.
- Provide production legal for varied productions, working with a broad range of departments (Production Management, Labor & Employment/Production Risk Team, Risk Management, Litigation, Music & Media Licensing and Pre-Broadcast Content Review) to implement production legal policies and procedures.
- Advise various departments for the network (Programming, Production, Marketing and Promotion, Rights Management, etc.) in connection with complex business and legal matters.
- Review and analyze chain of title and other rights issues.
- Review scripts and programming for clearances and potential legal risks.
- Develop and craft deal structures, parameters and templates and forms.
- Manage relationships with key managers, agencies and attorneys in the entertainment community.