Nickelodeon’s West Coast Communications department is seeking a dynamic, innovative and driven Senior Publicist to report to the Director, Nick Communications. This role spearheads publicity and communications for Nickelodeon’s animated series.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, strategic thinker and problem-solver with an affinity for details, and someone with an exceptional work ethic, positive attitude and ability to multitask efficiently.
- Develop and implement publicity campaigns for assigned projects including animation series launches, returning series, original television movies and events
- Support publicity efforts for mobile game launches and updates, emerging tech and additional digital projects
- Develop and write press releases, media alerts, talking points, key messages, talent and producer biographies and other network materials
- Oversee and execute the creation and distribution of electronic press kits, press kits and promotional mailings
- Proactively pitch and secure trade and consumer coverage in national and regional print, broadcast and digital outlets
- Book and oversee media appearances and interviews for network talent, creators and executives
- Work with outside publicists, agencies, event planners and various organizations to align messaging and outreach efforts for network
- Liaise with all Nickelodeon departments (i.e. programming, brand communications, talent, photography, development, research, legal) on various press-related projects
- Handle talent-related issues with respect to press
- Build and maintain relationships with external PR firms, show creators, reporters and talent bookers