The Manager, Production Finance assists in financial oversight and management of the budgeting, reporting, forecasting, and performance tracking activities for Nickelodeon’s bicoastal MFTs (Made For TV), animated & preschool series productions, and production-specific facilities. Core responsibilities include partnering with Programming Finance, Production Management teams for current series and development across animation, preschool, and live action with regards to accounting and financial overview for all production and network analysis.
Production Finance Management
- Day to day management of finances and relationships for bicoastal productions for MFTs, animated & preschool development and series, supporting Internal and 3rd Party productions.
- Manage production accounting and analysis of MFTs, animated and preschool productions. Partner with production in the creation/review of production budgets, conduct ongoing meetings with production to analyze the current status of the budget to identify areas for reallocating funds or potential deficiencies.
- Responsible for monthly cost report review, timely EFC updates and true-ups, and production post- mortems, including production cash flow planning/analysis and variance explanations.
- Recommend to series line producers and production management on performance measures, strategic planning around production schedules, and financial control procedures.
- Coordinate with East and West Coast production/management groups with timely consolidation of monthly EFC information vs. production budget and LRP.
Corporate Finance Management
- Analyze and track actuals vs. budgets and estimates and research variances; identifying risks and opportunities, ensuring that all data is properly loaded into the financial systems. Partner with Partner with Senior Director Finance on findings and manage information to relevant client groups.
- Manage requests regarding series productions & facilities matters, production cash flows, journal entries, etc. and internal/external audit requests as necessary.
- Assist with Burbank facilities budget and planning, quarterly estimates and chargeback all duties concerning month/quarter-end closes, preparation of monthly reports, ad hoc reporting requests, SOX and GAAP compliance. Review impact of facilities operating expenses to Nick P&L as well production based on annual episodes delivered.
- Ad hoc reporting as necessary to support production related facilities, and WC based/satellite groups (i.e. Special Events, Talent Outreach).
- Team includes: production finance analyst. Together this team will support day to day activities of all series productions, including individual show accounting for in house productions, payroll, SAP/Market support, coordinate with bicoastal production groups on cost reporting.
- Develop and mentor talent to ensure strong foundation and growth for production finance team.