The Senior Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs for Nickelodeon will be responsible for business and legal affairs for scripted content (live action) and talent deals (live action and animation) for Nickelodeon and will handle other areas. This position will be located in Los Angeles.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as a senior member of the BALA team of business and legal affairs lawyers, contract managers and assistants who support the Nickelodeon live action scripted development and production group and talent group.
- Provide high level, strategic business and legal affairs guidance and support to the senior Nickelodeon development and production team.
- Structure, negotiate and draft a high volume of complex, high-profile creator/EP deals, first-look and overall deals, pilot/series talent deals, and development and production services deals.
- Work with a broad range of departments (Nickelodeon talent department, Labor & Employment/Production Risk Team, Production Management and Litigation) to implement production legal policies and procedures.
- Opportunity to work across VMN business and legal affairs on cross-brand specialty areas.
- Advise various departments for the network (Programming, Production, Marketing and Promotion, Rights Management, etc.) in connection with complex business and legal matters.
- Develop and create deal structures, parameters and templates and forms.
- Maintain relationships with key managers, agencies and attorneys in the entertainment community.