The Fashion Collaborations Director is a key member of the Viacom & Nickelodeon Consumer Products Soft Lines team and is responsible for working with collaborations partners to create unique products and programs based on our IP, and providing expertise and a point of view on trends, culture and fashion. This position is responsible for all aspects of Viacom & Nickelodeon Consumer Products collaborations which includes but is not limited to: working with VP to establish a strategy, prospecting fashion collaboration partners, negotiating and managing licensing deals from inception to execution, overseeing the product development process, and working collaboratively with internal teams and external partners to market and promote collaborations programs while enriching the consumer experience.
- In accordance with the overall strategy, determine collaborations partners based on trends in culture, fashion, retail, what’s cool and “the next big thing” in order to elevate our IP
- Identifying organic partners, preparing presentations, securing partners, and crafting the story and narrative throughout the lifecycle of the collaboration – from idea inception to launch
- Negotiate licensing deals with collaborations partners. Manage entire contract process.
- Work with internal teams (Marketing, Creative, Franchise, Legal, Finance, Press, Media etc.) to be sure the collaborations are trend right, align with key corporate initiatives and, maximize impact and elevate the overall brand equity
- Keep team apprised of trends in fashion and culture
- Immerse the team in the lives of the consumer to understand their needs and wants
- Stay current on competitive collaborations in the marketplace