The Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs for Nickelodeon will provide senior-level, day-to-day business and legal affairs services for animation and live action programming, with a strong focus on voiceover and on-camera performer deals. This person will be expected to handle a heavy volume of talent deals, including series regular agreements, overalls, test-options, and integrated marketing deals. This position will be located in Los Angeles.
- Structure, draft and negotiate, with minimal supervision, a high volume of talent agreements for animated and live action projects, with additional work on development and production services agreements.
- Provide legal guidance for varied productions, working with a broad range of departments (Nickelodeon talent department, Labor & Employment/Production Risk Team, Production Management and Litigation) to implement production legal policies and procedures.
- Advise various departments for the network (Programming, Production, Marketing and Promotion, Rights Management, etc.) in connection with complex business and legal matters.
- Develop and create deal structures, parameters and templates and forms.
- Maintain relationships with key managers, agencies and attorneys in the entertainment community.