Overview and Responsibilities
- Executive Producer/Line Producer
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio in New York City is looking for a Story Editor for its hit animated series, Blaze and the Monster Machines.
- Oversees and supervises writers who prepare scripts for their series.
- PLEASE NOTE: As this position is supervisory, it is exempt from overtime.
- **Please submit cover letter, resume, and at least 2 writing samples to email@example.com
- Confers with network, Executive Producer and Line Producer regarding selection of writers and material.
- Supervises writing staff from premise through record draft.
- Assigns staff members to write synopses, treatments, adaptations, scripts, and continuity when working on their series.
- Reviews writers’ work and gives instruction and direction regarding changes, additions, and corrections.
- Rewrites, combines, and polishes draft scripts, as necessary, to prepare scripts for production.
- Writes premises, outlines, scripts and synopses as needed.
- Ensures all script notes are addressed.
- Attends and contributes to meetings, pitches and recording sessions as needed.
- Contributes to and maintains show bible.
- Ensures all deadlines are met.
- Communicates regularly with appropriate production staff (LP, PM, Script Coordinator, etc.) regarding status of work.
- Ensures quality and style of show is achieved in all writing.
- Assists with and/or assigns and supervises special projects.
- Minimum 2 years as a staff writer.
- Very strong knowledge of story structure.
- Solid knowledge of all facets of animation process.
- Strong time and resource management skills.
- Solid leadership and communication skills.
- On-the-fly problem solving ability.
- Ability to be creative on demand.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Experienced with Final Draft.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed