The Art Director’s primary function is to conceptualize and set stylistic direction for top
quality designs. The Art Director has the ability to work on projects both directly and to
oversee junior staff members.
Projects created include a full-range of branding, print and digital designs, including but not
limited to ads, brochures, digital newsletters, environmental installations, websites, merchandise,
logos and brand looks.
This position works directly with the VP, Design and Design Director to review strategies for work and objectives of new projects.
• Demonstrate leadership across the design team and within Catalyst as a whole
• Develop innovative graphic design that positions our company and brands in the
most effective way possible.
• Ideate and brainstorm concepts that reflect strategic business goals
• Work within, and simultaneously push forward the Viacom graphic identity
• Push projects forward with Minimal oversight; be able to work autonomously when needed
• Collaborate with writers, project managers, and digital team
• Effectively present work to clients
• Oversee junior designer and interns
• Hire and oversee top quality illustrators, photographers and various vendors to
meet the excellent standards set by Viacom.
• Develop outstanding work under tight deadlines and tight budgets.
• College degree preferred
• Knowledge of photographers and illustrators
• Knowledge of print and digital production
• Proficient on Macintosh with Adobe Creative Suite (Especially InDesign, Illustrator
• 8+years design experience at a top studio or in-house department