Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
Are you someone who loves developing new approaches and building relationships? Are you intrigued by the creative and budgetary processes behind the events and awards shows you see on TV? Then our Manager, Production Finance role might be for you!
As the Manager, Production Finance for the Viacom Media Networks Group (VMN) you will assist in financial oversight and management of the budgeting, reporting, forecasting, and performance tracking activities for VMN Brands’ bicoastal Tentpoles and Events on linear and non-linear platforms. You will collaborate with team members in Programming Finance, Production Management, and various internal departments with regards to accounting and financial overview for all production and network analysis as well as the growth, development, and training of staff.
- Day to day management of production accounting and analysis and associated relationships for bicoastal tentpoles & events, supporting both Internal and 3rd Party productions across VMN Brands.
- Review overall deals related to Executive Producers and Talent, ensuring internal contractual obligations are tracked and paid.
- Work with the Production Executives and teams to build and improve on the creation and review process for budgets
- Utilize strong analytical skills to identify areas for reallocating funds or potential deficiencies.
- Ensure consistent and timely Cost Report and Trial Balance reporting reviews, EFC updates and true-ups, and production post-mortems, including production cash flow planning/analysis and variance explanations with key partners.
- Touchpoint for 3rd party production finance counterparts regarding budget, residuals, license fees, agency/package fees, and all relevant production finance materials.
- Collaborate with Production Finance lead on performance measures, strategic planning around production schedules, and financial control procedures.
- When applicable, partner with Viacom Tax team, Production Management, internal production and 3rd parties to ensure production tax credits are accurately calculated, recognized and completed. This includes reviewing the preparation, submission and tracking of tax docs and financial backup and recoupment.
- Analyze and review actuals vs. budgets and estimates and research variances; identifying risks and opportunities, ensuring that all data is properly loaded into the financial systems. Partner with Production Finance lead on findings and communicate information to relevant client groups.
- Respond to requests regarding production matters, production cash flows, journal entries, etc. and internal/external audit requests as necessary.
- Contract review and analysis in conjunction with Production Execs and BALA as needed.