Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
The Content Distribution Accounting Manager supports the Content Distribution group as the point of contact for accounting and analytical expertise for the Viacom Media Networks (“VMN”) content distributors across various platforms including linear, digital, wireless, etc. In this role, you are responsible for the accurate accounting, reporting and overall process of VMN Affiliate revenue transactions with a focus on traditional MVPD Affiliate deals (TWC, Comcast, Cablevision) as well as SVOD & wireless agreements (i.e.: Amazon, Netflix, etc). You will report to the Director, Revenue Controllers Group.
- Provide accounting and analytical insights for content distribution across the VMN portfolio.
- Proper application of Viacom accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all key controls are in place and functioning properly in accordance with internal policies and procedures and Sarbanes Oxley rules and regulations.
- Analyze and partner with Technical Accounting team on contractual terms for Content Distribution and SVOD deals to understand appropriate accounting treatment.
- Work closely with external auditors during quarter and year-end audits by preparing information requests and addressing auditor inquiries associated with Affiliate revenue.
- Assist with ad hoc Ad Sales, Brand Finance, FP&A and other internal management requests.
- Review and posting of standard monthly journal entries including Content Distribution contractual Marketing spend.
- Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly account reconciliations associated with Content Distribution team.
- Assist with quarterly analytics and metrics on Participations and residuals accrual balances vs. actuals.
- Monitor Content Distribution Marketing accruals to ensure contractual terms are being met and accruals are properly stated.
- Liaison with Master Data Governance (“MDG”) to create projects and budgets associated with new SVOD deals.
- Tax Support