Viacom Media Networks (“VMN”) is conducting a search for a talented and knowledgeable Counsel to support the Labor Relations team in Hollywood, CA. The role will support and provide union-related guidance across all VMN departments and business units including Awesomeness, BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, TV Land and VH1.
- Supervise handling of union grievances, arbitrations and audits.
- Assist with negotiation of collective bargaining agreements.
- Provide guidance and information regarding collective bargaining agreements in a timely, diligent, and comprehensive manner to business and legal affairs, production, and creative executives.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with department colleagues, production teams, union staff, outside labor counsel, and labor executives at other studios.
- Handle the submission of union related paperwork such as info sheets, guild assumption agreements, etc.
- Draft memoranda and summaries in connection with union-related issues and prepare materials for internal presentations.
- Actively participate in department administrative and best practices initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.