Noggin is a leading interactive learning service for families with preschoolers. We help young kids develop skills, knowledge and passions through play with the characters they love. We also help parents help their kids thrive. A multi-platform direct-to-consumer offering, Noggin reaches families in the domestic market through standalone mobile apps, connected TV apps, and add-on channels. We are forming a team of highly motivated individuals who are eager to work in a start-up-like environment within a large media company. We need innovators and self-starters who are passionate about playful learning and comfortable working in a fast-paced, creative-led organization.
The Director of Product role:
You will innovate, develop, and iterate our digital products across multiple platforms. You will also help shape long-term strategy and define short-term wins for the business and user. You will manage and develop a product team.
- Shape product strategy:
- Help define and drive the product strategy along with others on the leadership team
- Develop and evaluate new product ideas and opportunities, as well as improve existing products and features
- Shepherd new ideas through to implementation: research, product planning, discovery, development, execution
- Manage the Noggin product team
- Manage and develop PMs through coaching, feedback, and mentorship
- Proactively think through organizational design and development as needs evolve
- Develop productive relationships with the other Nickelodeon departments (e.g., content) and other Viacom teams (e.g., QA, Platform) to leverage our scale distributed expertise.
- Develop scalable product development processes:
- Develop a culture that understands the importance of rapid testing, learning and iteration
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer, and create processes to institutionalize the collection and incorporation of customer feedback and market research
- Reinforce continuous innovation and a safe-to-fail environment where it’s okay to take chances, while also mitigating business-threatening risks
- Leverage data in making product decisions and setting priorities; encourage metrics-based optimizations to the entire portfolio—striking the right balance between fixing bugs and launching new features.