Viacom’s Distribution and Business Development (DBD) department is responsible for driving revenue through the distribution of Viacom Media Networks content with new and existing partners e.g. AT&T, Comcast, Charter, Amazon, Apple and Hulu. Within DBD, the Distribution Operations team oversees key operational areas.
Take a lead role managing operations for DBD, focusing on business solutions and the associated business processes required by DBD, Viacom’s linear signal distribution, and new media operations, including project management of non-linear content delivery to distribution partners.
- Managing the implementation and daily operations of DBD business solutions, which include: internal signal and financial management system, b2b website, intranet site, reporting solutions and CRM system
- Developing and implementing business processes and procedures
- Identifying and realizing new solutions to support DBD and partner needs
New Media Operations
- On-boarding new distribution partners in order to ensure a precise transition to the day-to-day activity pipeline
- Handling the operational aspects of DBD’s current new media products with existing distribution partners
- Regularly communicating progress, status, issues and resolutions to key partners and management
- Reviewing deal terms and supporting negotiation/implementation of operational requirements
- Handling daily linear operations to ensure access to Viacom Media Networks linear services according to business guidelines
- Executing strategic projects pertaining to linear operations, such as technology and reconciliation initiatives
- Ensuring the ongoing integrity of signal database and related records