Are you a pop music fan? If so, this role may be for you! The Coordinator of Music Acquisitions & Program Scheduling at MTV will oversee music video acquisitions for all US-based MTV branded linear cable and digital networks. Daily, you will be the liaison to our partners for their video submission needs from the point of entry into Viacom’s libraries to the final delivery of media assets. You will also ensure that all assets and paperwork are delivered on schedule so that each brand can meet their goals. Additionally, you will lead all aspects of the daily music scheduling of an MTV branded linear cable channel as well as music on MTV’s Video on Demand (VOD) platform.
- Make sure all music video metadata is logged into MTV’s library database accurately.
- Communicate music video and basic brand priorities across departments.
- Compile and sort forms and lyric sheets for all submissions.
- Responsible for daily delivery of lyric and submission forms to the Standards & Practices (S&P) team.
- When needed, relay edit requests made by the MTV S&P team to label reps.
- Work closely with labels on behalf of the brand for any missing documentation associated with video submissions.
- Submit videos for encoding and processing once final edits have been made and approved.
- Manually insert all video submissions into MVA library.
- Program music video blocks on MTV Live; schedule the MTV linear cable network.
- Provide external communication with label reps, including updates, facilitating asset deliveries, and acquiring music media for air.
- Edit checking and process all videos
- Program TV VOD music videos every month.
- Assist with any additional music programming based tasked as needed.