Viacom is home to premiere global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 180 countries. Viacom's media networks, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Paramount, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina) and Paramount Channel, reach over 3.9 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.
We are searching for a Director, Content Strategy & Business Planning to join us at MTV, VH1, CMT, and Logo.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Build long term strategy plans and presentations that look across programming, finances and research to achieve channel goals and year-over-year growth
- Perform business analysis intersecting between cross company functions
- Pull together, track and communicate near term performance of channels across holistic targets including: ratings, revenue, yield, and inventory. Work with appropriate teams to identify and address risks and opportunities
- Assist with building channel narratives that cross company functions
- Key network partner and liaison with Ad Sales and Distribution to ensure channel has consistent narrative to external partners
- Acquisition analysis, pulling together cross functional information including ratings performance, financials and needs to build recommendation engine for programming
- You will be the point person for creation of marketing targeting recommendations; integrating estimate performance, competition, program insights, and on/off channel recommendations to drive maximum awareness and viewership