The Senior Director, Communications & Publicity will work closely with the VP of Marketing to develop and execute internal and external communications strategies for AwesomenessTV. This position will play a key role in continually developing and upholding the company’s corporate, industry and consumer-facing reputation, and communicating strategy to key partners. The role will also partner with the Senior PR Manager in crafting creative positioning and strategy for consumer-facing talent initiatives, series and film launches and events. Additional responsibilities to include:
- Set the strategic direction of AwesomenessTV’s corporate reputation and media efforts. Collaborate with the executive team, sister brands, and the Viacom Corporate PR team to ensure strategies are aligned with business objectives.
- Develop high-quality written materials that convey Awesomeness’ corporate narrative, including messaging platforms, press releases, Q&As, speeches, editorials, infographics etc.
- Partner with senior executives in crafting executive communications, promoting industry-leading initiatives, and growing the overall positive industry awareness for the company through executive visibility programs (including media and speaking engagements).
- Build positive relationships with business and financial media and other external partners.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with platform streaming partners. Develop launch strategies for series & films that compliment both AwesomenessTV and the partner’s goals and brand.
- Serve as a spokesperson for AwesomenessTV on a broad range of subjects.
- Support the early detection, identification and thoughtful handling of opportunities or situations that may have a direct impact on AwesomenessTV’s consumer-facing and corporate reputation.
- Implement internal processes to improve global coordination and alignment of communications activities (e.g., disclosure and media policies).