Viacom’s Distribution and Business Development (DBD) team is responsible for all content distribution to MVPDs, virtual MVPDs, SVOD, new direct-to-consumer services, mobile/social platforms, and emerging platforms.
Given the rapidly evolving content ecosystem, we are adding a new focus to the team to concentrate on dedicated idea generation, prospecting, and product brainstorming in order to drive new business, new relationships, and new consumer touchpoints with third parties.
We are hiring a Senior Director/Director who will be integral in developing new partnerships, working reciprocally with the broader distribution team and across Viacom’s brands.
- Assist Vice President, New Business in identifying and prospecting for new cross-company business opportunities. This could include:
- New distribution partnerships across any platform (e.g., mixed reality, connected cars, mobile/5G, retail, out of home)
- Identification of incremental opportunities with existing partners
- Brainstorming and pitching of new products with new or existing partners to extend the availability and monetization of Viacom content
- Identifying other business opportunities
- Take ownership of partnerships and/or products, to include development and setting of measurable metrics for performance evaluation (e.g., number of new deals, revenue, reach, etc.)
- Coordinate closely with numerous existing roles and internal constituents:
- Existing deal/partnership functions: partnering with existing teams for opportunities with pre-existing relationships (e.g., new product pitch with MVPDs requires hand-in-glove partnership with MVPD account team)
- Channels: for channel specific opportunities, close integration with channel business functions
- Functional areas: corporate development, ad sales, etc.
- Other deal teams: Pluto, Viacom Digital Studios, Viacom International Media Networks, etc.
- Track new business activity across deal teams to ensure alignment of activity taking place across DBD and other Viacom teams