The Senior Manager Production Finance for the Viacom Media Networks ("VMN") Domestic Group is a position that assists in financial oversight and management of the budgeting, reporting, forecasting, and performance tracking activities for VMN Domestic Brands’ bicoastal Scripted Development and Series Productions on linear and non-linear platforms. Responsibilities include partnering with Programming Finance, Production Management, and various internal departments teams across VMN Domestic Brands’ with regards to accounting and financial overview for all production and network analysis as well as the growth, development, and training of staff.
Production Finance Management Responsibilities:
- This role will ensure that the overall production finance department's policies, procedures, and best practices are being adhered to.
- Day-to-day management of finances and relationships for bicoastal development & series and supporting both Internal and 3rd Party productions across VMN Domestic Brands’.
- Manage production accounting and analysis of scripted development and series productions. Work closely with production/production management team in the creation/review of production budgets, partner with production to analyze the current status of the budget to identify areas for reallocating funds or potential deficiencies.
- Ensure consistent Cost Report and Trial Balance reporting reviews with Production Exec and 3rd Party partners and internal production touchpoints, timely EFC updates and true-ups, and production post-mortems, including production cash flow planning/analysis and variance explanations.
- Contract review and analysis in conjunction with Production Execs and BALA as needed.
- Involved in the process and workflow when using union signatories that are funded and managed by Viacom.
- Review overall deals related to Executive Producers & Talent, ensuring internal contractual obligations are tracked and paid.
- Touchpoint for 3rd party production finance counterparts regarding budget, residuals, license fees, agency/package fees, and all relevant production finance materials.
- Collaborate with production finance lead on performance measures, strategic planning around production schedules, and financial control procedures.
- Coordinate with East and West Coast production/management groups with timely consolidation of monthly EFC information vs. production budget and LRP.
- Partner with Viacom Tax team, Production Management, internal production and 3rd parties to ensure production tax credits are accurately calculated, recognized and completed. This includes reviewing the preparation, submission and tracking of tax docs and financial backup and recoupment.
- Analyze and review actuals vs. budgets and estimates and research variances; identifying risks and opportunities, ensuring that all data is properly loaded into the financial systems. Partner with production finance lead on findings and manage information to relevant client groups.
- Manage requests regarding series production matters, production cash flows, journal entries, etc. and internal/external audit requests as necessary.