The Manager, Technology Business Management position is responsible for Viacom’s Media and Technology Service (MTS) budget management as a partner to spend owners. This position plays a key role in connecting the technology and financial planning & analysis functions and is expected to collaborate across departments for continuous process improvements. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded and versatile professional who can quickly adapt to changes for measurable impact. He/She can seamlessly navigate through the worlds of technology and finance and is abreast of the technology-driven disruptions within the media industry.
- Partner with spend owners in ongoing financial management including planning, variance analysis, and justifications for operating and capital expenses.
- Create/Oversee forward-looking financial plans to support operational priorities.
- Responsible for managing functional teams during financial planning cycles to facilitate spend planning and adjusting budgets/forecasts to align to shifting business needs.
- Preparation of corporate and management reporting and present recommendations to senior management
- Analyze technology costs in terms of business value and identify performance metrics for business intelligence, insights and trends.
- Analyzes technology costs to identify variances from targets on monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- Create and monitor metrics that measure performance against priorities.
- ·Participates in ROI and business case building to support spend project justifications.
- Support budget transactions such as creating and issuing PO and overseeing the workflow to ensure accuracy. This includes working with vendors on invoices and VMO on vendor contracts and SOWs.
- Acts as subject matter expert on Finance operations/process to reinforce financial management rigor.