This position will be an integral member of a team that advises and supports Viacom’s Board of Directors and its committees on governance matters and ensures the proper functioning of the board; prepares SEC filings and other public disclosure documents; plays a key role in the company’s annual/quarterly earnings announcements; oversees the company’s trading policies and compliance therewith; manages compliance with NASDAQ listing rules; supports the annual meeting of stockholders; counsels other corporate departments (e.g., Investor Relations, Corporate Communications and Controller’s groups) on various matters; and monitors and analyzes regulatory developments in these areas and implements changes as appropriate.
This position involves exposure to senior executives and Board members and requires the ability to assess the company’s legal obligations, to develop creative solutions to difficult problems and to extract key business decisions from high level individuals. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting with legal support for the Viacom Board of Directors and its committees, including drafting and distributing Board and committee materials, coordinating various aspects of meetings and handling certain aspects of the director compensation program and other matters and between-meeting Board activities;
- Drafting, reviewing, advising on and filing Viacom’s SEC filings and other public disclosures, including Registration Statements, Annual Reports on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, Current Reports on Form 8-K, Proxy Statements and Section 16 beneficial ownership reports;
- Advising on compliance with NASDAQ listing standards and managing NASDAQ submissions;
- Managing various general corporate matters, including organizing the annual meeting of stockholders and related proxy voting and stockholder delivery and access mechanics;
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements;
- Monitoring and assessing regulatory developments and best practices in the areas of disclosure, corporate governance and securities laws, and developing implementation strategies as appropriate; and
- Providing such other assistance and support as may be requested by members of the law department from time to time in areas outside of those specified above.