The Multiplatform Engineering organization, responsible for building and supporting Viacom's public facing, award winning mobile apps and Web sites around the world for leading brands in popular culture such as MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, and BET, is looking for a experienced manager who can lead a team of quality test engineers. If you love to solve problems creatively, can work well in a team environment, are interested in helping to building the best software, and want to always be learning, then we want to hear from you.
Viacom has an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Multiplatform Quality Engineering here in heart of Times Square New York to oversee the testing and validation of consumer-facing products prior to production deployment. This Manager role will lead a distributed team of test engineers to create new and/or enhance existing testing scripts and tools to be used across a large multiplatform environment in validating functionality, usability, performance, scalability, security, etc. The desired candidate will be expected to be hands on and assist the various project teams throughout day-to-day operations. As code is being delivered multiple times per day, test coverage and automation is crucial in allowing product to deliver quick to market while maintaining the high level of quality our consumers deserve across our many diverse platforms.
- Manage a team of test engineers responsible to providing quality engineering support and services for specific Viacom brands
- Work alongside and mentor other test engineers to continuously improve process and provide input into our internal training boot camps
- Conduct technical assessment of process and team members
- Conduct code review for test engineers on project teams
- Work with product/project teams developing test plans, test cases and test execution
- Perform load / performance testing where applicable
- Partner with software engineering to design and develop tools that help developers be more productive and assist in continuous development initiatives
- Operate in an agile software delivery methodology focused on testing new features within an iteration and providing near immediate feedback to engineers through test automation
- Assure adherence to established quality standards for software test development, integration, performance, and reporting
- Assist in defining test tools and processes while leveraging methodologies primarily based on automation
- Have a “Quality at Speed” mindset – the art of balancing the constant need of delivering new product(s) while maintaining a high level of quality
- Contribute to and help maintain the Viacom testing framework for various types of testing (functional, load/performance, security) on multiple platforms (web, iOS/Android, emerging platforms)
- Effectively communicate complex and/or difficult information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Work in a fast-paced, agile, dynamic environment supporting many products on varied release cycles