This position is a rare opportunity to become a member of the Viacom Law Department, one of the “Best Legal Departments” as recognized by Corporate Counsel Magazine in 2016. In this position, you will join a team of attorneys working on a broad variety of matters arising from the distribution of the Viacom Media Networks (VMN) and BET Networks (BETN) programming services and content.
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of agreements arising from the distribution of the VMN/BETN programming services and related content on a broad array of media platforms (e.g., cable and satellite television, telco, wireless, internet, IPTV), with a focus on distribution agreements
- Provide advice and counsel on a variety of legal and business affairs matters
- Monitor contractual and regulatory compliance
- Assist with various departmental and administrative functions and assignments requiring interaction with other groups within Content Distribution (e.g., Finance; Strategy), with attorneys supporting other client groups and with executives from Viacom’s various other businesses
- Support senior attorneys as needed