This position is a rare opportunity to become a member of the Viacom Law Department, one of the “Best Legal Departments” as recognized by Corporate Counsel Magazine in 2016. In this position, you will join a team of attorneys working on a broad variety of matters arising from the distribution of the Viacom Media Networks (VMN) and BET Networks (BETN) programming services and content.
We are open to candidates at both the Counsel and the Senior Counsel levels.
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of agreements arising from the distribution of the VMN/BETN programming services and related content on a broad array of media platforms (e.g., cable and satellite television, telco, wireless, internet, IPTV), with a focus on distribution agreements
- Provide advice and counsel on a variety of legal and business affairs matters
- Monitor contractual and regulatory compliance
- Assist with various departmental and administrative functions and assignments requiring interaction with other groups within Content Distribution (e.g., Finance; Strategy), with attorneys supporting other client groups and with executives from Viacom’s various other businesses
- Support senior attorneys as needed