The Vice President, Corporate Communications works closely with leadership to develop and implement communications strategies for all constituencies, including business media, Wall Street and employees. The position requires strong and broad writing skills (speeches, remarks, internal memos, talking points, press releases and blog posts), media relations skills, and the ability to manage people and collaborate across the company. The position also requires creativity in deploying new tactics and tools to communicate internally and externally
- Develop strategic communications plans in support of key strategic functions and internal constituents, including but not limited to Ad Sales, Integrated Marketing, Content Distribution and Marketing, Data and Research, and Digital Business Development, Human Resources and Internal Communications
- Serve as speechwriter for senior management; think and write strategically and creatively about a range of corporate issues in a variety of media, including, but not limited to, press releases, remarks, briefing documents and blog posts
- Develop and deliver an annual internal communications strategy, with goals of promoting strategy and brand awareness and inspiring employee engagement across the company.
- Serve as corporate spokesperson to support areas above.
- Advise and coordinate with public relations executives at divisional levels to ensure consistency of corporate message to press and to build on their success stories
- Ensure Viacom’s communications strategies and tactics reflect cutting edge social media in tone, speed and vehicle.